Sunday, February 7, 2010

I've entered a contest!

Who's going to be the Twin Cities Live Kitchen Star? Me! (I hope.) I am waiting with nervous anticipation to hear the results. There are 36 entries, and only the top 6 will be selected for an appearance on the Twin Cities Live show. From there, it will be a routine elimination-formula contest. Each day, for one week, one person will be eliminated, until Friday, when the ultimate champion will be announced.

Here's my video:

Lemony Lentil Soup from rebecca eichenberger on Vimeo.



Can whole, real, natural food stand up to rich animal fats, sugars and salt? I really don't know. In my house they do. If the palate is used to experiencing certain tastes, how will it react to wholesome goodness?

You know, the whole point of this isn't necessarily to win. (I wanna win, I wanna win!!!) The reason I entered this contest is to promote an awareness to our food selection, and how those little every day choices have a cumulative effect on our overall health. The top killers of Americans (heart disease and diabetes) are completely preventable and reversible by diet alone. Did you hear that? Yes, we've all heard that. People want to change. As a counselor in a weight loss center, I quickly realized that everyone agrees that they should eat better, everyone wants to eat better. But how do we do that? Making the change is where we get stuck. We have our routines, our habits, the things we know. The good news is these things can easily be replaced with new routines, and new habits, as our knowledge expands.

I am taking steps towards change. I am taking my family with me. By trial and error, we are blazing a trail to vibrant, happy health. We want to live long and strong. And I want to bring you with me.

Love,
Rebecca

P.S. Enough with the serious stuff. Let's get cooking!

3 comments: